At the End of the Day, Expect More From PIRSUE
PIRSUE® Sterile Solution is the once-a-day treatment for everyday mastitis.
PIRSUE Sterile Solution is indicated for the treatment of clinical and subclinical mastitis in lactating dairy cattle associated with Staphylococcus species such as Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus species such as Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus dysgalactiae, and Streptococcus uberis.
- Only lactating product for Streptococcus uberis
- Unique clinical and subclinical label
- Superior tissue penetration
- Short 36-hour milk discard—more milk and less risk of human error
- Extended therapy—its unique flexible label allows you to treat for two to up to eight days to achieve a bacteriological cure
- Once per day dosing
- Effective drug concentration maintained longer in the udder
PIRSUE Sterile Solution is available in:
- Cartons containing one unbroken package of twelve 10-mL PLASTET Disposable Syringes with 12 individually wrapped 70 percent isopropyl alcohol pads.
- Pails containing 10 packages of 12 10mL PLASTET Disposable Syringes with 120 individually wrapped 70 percent isopropyl alcohol pads.
Infuse one (1) syringe into each affected quarter. Use proper teat end preparation and sanitation and proper intramammary infusion technique. Repeat treatment after 24 hours. Daily treatment may be repeated at 24-hour intervals for up to 8 consecutive days.
Important Considerations for Extended Therapy: For extended duration of therapy, infuse only quarters known to be infected with label pathogens. Do not concurrently infuse uninfected low SCC quarters of the same cow. Prepare the teats using the above instructions, and then infuse PIRSUE Sterile Solution using aseptic infusion technique and partial insertion.
- Wash the teats and udder thoroughly with warm water containing a suitable dairy antiseptic.
- Dry the teats and udder thoroughly.
- Using alcohol pads provided, scrub each teat end clean, using a separate pad for each teat.
- Warm the syringe to body temperature and shake thoroughly.
- Choose the desired insertion length (full or partial) and insert tip into the teat canal.
- Instill entire contents of one syringe into the quarter.
- Massage the udder after treatment to distribute the product throughout the quarters.
- Treat all of the teats with a suitable teat dip.
As with all drugs, PIRSUE should not be used in animals found to be hypersensitive to the product.
Following PIRSUE therapy, milk taken from animals during treatment and for 36 hours after the last treatment must not be used for food regardless of treatment duration.
Following infusion twice at a 24-hour interval, treated animals must not be slaughtered for 9 days.
Following any extended duration of therapy (infusion longer than twice at a 24-hour interval, up to 8 consecutive days), animals must not be slaughtered for 21 days and use of this product in a manner other than indicated under DOSAGE might result in violative drug residues.
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Material Safety Data Sheet
Click here for more detail.
Back to top
entire article (printer friendly)